We are looking for someone to take on a full time Screen Technician position, available to start immediately. It will begin with a 3 month trial period, starting on the minimum wage.
Summary of Role:
You will be responsible for the creation, care and reclaiming of screens for print. This will involve coating screens for use, exposing artwork onto them, spotting irregularities and pin holes, washing and reclaiming them after use. You will also be responsible for their general maintenance, such as retensioning. A large portion of your day will involve working alone directly within the screen room.
At times you will be dealing with materials that require protective clothing to be worn (this includes overalls, ear defenders and mask, all of which is supplied).
- Physically fit (the role is physically demanding).
- Good manual dexterity for screen coating.
- Thorough when reading over job requirements.
- Comfortable working with chemicals.
- Comfortable working in a very loud, sometimes wet environment.
- A keen eye for details and spotting irregularities.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain workflow.
- Confident with computers and adaptable to new software.
- Able to communicate effectively in a team.
- Light box and pressure washer operation.
- Coating screens with emulsion.
- Pairing artwork to mesh and screen size.
- Monitoring for any irregularities / quality control.
- Reclaiming screens so they can be used again.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
We are based in rural Cornwall (near Chiverton Cross), so having your own transport is essential. Work is full-time: 9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri.